Want to Join Student Council in 2020?
2020-210 Student Council members first row from Top L to R: Kay Peter, Chyna Greer, Rasheda Najib Al-Asbahi, Zeaneb Al-Howaishy, Bottom L to R: D’Angelo Woods, Mira Yaghi, Lethario Stovel, Faculty Advisor Victoria Shepherd
2020-21 Members - Virtual Office Hours available by appointment:
- Kay Peter - President
- Chyna Greer - Vice Chair
- D'Angelo Woods - Treasurer
- Mira Yaghi - Secretary
- Rasheda Najib Al-Asbahi - Communications
- Zeaneb Al-Howaishy -Representative
- Lathario Stovel - Representative
The Purpose of HFC's Student Council is:
- To enhance the quality of student life through effective representation of the HFC student body;
- To provide an organized means of expression for HFC students; and
- To represent the students’ perspective on various College committees as they pertain to students’ interests.
The HFC Student Council is currently seeking energetic students who want to lead and serve. Executive and general council seats are available.
Requirements for Candidates
- All candidates must have a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5; and
- Cannot be a member of the HFC Board of Trustees, the College Alumni Association, the College Foundation or The Mirror News.
If Elected, Student Council Members Must:
- Maintain a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5;
- Complete a minimum of six credits each semester;
- Maintain integrity and comply with the HFC Student Code of Conduct; and
- Serve on a College committee.
Applications may be picked up in the Eshleman Library (Building B), the Office of Student Activities (M-105 in Building M), or completed online. Applications must be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs (Building L) no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Candidates may campaign only after their applications have been received and they are contacted by the Office of Student Affairs. The elections will take place Monday, March 9th to Thursday March 12th.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Student Affairs Office at 313-845-9610.
Rules for Student Council Candidates
Candidates must contact Mr. George Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to have their individual photographs taken. The last date for photographs is Monday March 4th, at 4:30 p.m.
Places Where Signs May Be Posted
- General bulletin boards: Items for these boards should not be any larger than 11"x17".
- Brick walls may be used in the stairwells of the Reuther Liberal Arts Building (Building K) and the Student & Culinary Arts Center (Building M).
- Signs should not be any larger than 30"x40" or 1200 sq. in. or 12"x100".
- Based on the fact that HFC has 13 buildings, there is a limit of 30 posted fliers per candidate, as well as five large signs.
- All candidates must remove their signs the day after the election.
Places Where Signs May NOT Be Posted
- Do NOT post signs in the following buildings:
- The Andrew A. Mazzara Administrative Services & Conference Center (ASCC, Building L);
- The College Store (Building C);
- The Eshleman Library (Building B);
- Facilities Services (Building D); and
- The Welcome Center (Building WC).
- Fliers and/or signs may NOT be placed on drywall surfaces, painted surfaces, glass windows or doors.
For additional information or questions, please contact Victoria Shepherd, staff adviser to HFC’s Student Council, at 313-845-6487 or email@example.com, or the Student Council President Kay Peter firstname.lastname@example.org.